Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Colin Rhys Hill


You should know that the Oxford interview tutors for politics spent a lot of time talking to me about my TCR essay in the interview. Oxford doesn't recognize or consider extra-curriculars/sports in the admissions process (no rowing recruits) because they are so focused on academics. So I thought it was pretty high praise of the Review that they were so interested in my essay (at that time it had not won the Ralph Waldo Emerson Prize).


Also, FYI, most of the "get into college" publications I read referred to The Concord Review as the "Intel Science Competition" of the humanities and the only serious way to get academic work noticed.

[TCR Author and Emerson Prize winner who went from high school in Atlanta, Georgia
to Christ Church College, Oxford.]

No comments:

Post a Comment